January 03 News Today’s NBA regular season game between the Cavaliers and the Bulls at home has ended.
After the game, the Cavaliers beat the Bulls 145-134 after one overtime.
In this game, Cavaliers player Donovan Mitchell played 49 minutes and made 22 of 34 shots, including 7 of 15 three-pointers and 20 of 25 free throws. He scored 71 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists and 1 block.
Mitchell’s 71 points in this game also set a number of records:
1. Mitchell scored a new high in a single game in his career (Mitchell’s highest score in a single game in the regular season was 46 points, a full 25 points)
2. The Cavaliers scored a new high in a single game (previously Irving and James scored 57 points)
3. The league’s highest individual score in a single game so far this season (previously it was Doncic’s 60 points)
4. After Kobe Bryant scored 81 points, the league’s highest score in a single game
5. After Booker scored 70 points, the league scored 70+ points for the first time in a single game
6. For the first time in league history, 70 points + 10 assists in a single game
7. Of all the 70+ points scored in a single game in the history of the league, the first half scored the lowest (Mitchell only scored 16 points in the first half today)
To be continued.